New Features in version 3

April 7, 2011
By
  1. Camera IR Signal in settingsChange the IR signal from 4 different camera modes in iPhone settings / DSLR.Bot / Camera IR Signal. Canon EOSNikonPentax and Sony Nex.
  2. GPS Rate SettingsConfigurable rate in which the GPS logs your co-ordintates.
  3. GPS Load SettingsAdjust how many pins to load from previously recorded GPS co-ordintates.
  4. Notification Settings – Turn on and off startup message from settings.
  5. HDR Bracketing repeater – create time lapse HDR with ‘Repeat’ and ‘Delay’. Once HDR settings are to your liking you can then specify how many times to repeat this HDR sequence and also the delay between sequences.
  6. HDR Times – Exposure times increased up to 10 minutes (600 seconds).
  7. Reversible HDR sequence – Allows first and last exposure to be specified as either darker or lighter.
  8. Movie Mode - +12 min Auto Restart Rec. for continuous recording on Canon EOS cameras.
  9. Long Exposure repeater – create time lapse Long Exposures using ‘Repeat’ and ‘Delay’. Once Long Exposure settings are to your liking you can then specify how many times to repeat this Long Exposure and also the delay between sequences.
  10. iPhone Headphone Remote Trigger - Using the 3rd party iPhone remote extension cable or a DIY iPhone headset cable with remote, you can trigger ‘Start’ & ‘Stop’ movie recording and ‘Shoot’ using the headphone play button. Handy for placing the trigger button on the handles of a DSLR rig.

Camera Configurations

Shoot
Long Exposure
Time Lapse

Tags: ,

26 Responses to New Features in version 3

1. Mark on March 26, 2011 at 12:22 am

when will support for nikon be released?

• Alberto on March 28, 2011 at 1:16 am

hopefully in a couple of weeks.

• Olivier on April 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm

IR transmitter : Check and it works
        Buy application on Apple store : Check

Waiting for my Nex 5 Support : Check

I really hope the v.3 will support the Nex5 because i’ve already spend 5$.

• Olivier on April 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Oh!
          You’ve submit the V3 to apple.
          I can wait !

Thanks for your good job :)

2. Javier Pelaez Garcia on March 26, 2011 at 5:09 am

Hello, well, so we have to wait for version 3 to shoot nikon cameras? If that’s the case, when will you launch v3? I can’t wait more, hahahah! Thanks for all your work and sorry for my english

• Alberto on March 28, 2011 at 1:17 am

I’m near finishing the testing for the app, so it should be a couple of weeks till I can release it.

3. JD on March 27, 2011 at 6:14 am

Godo Job. When is v3.0 coming out?

• Alberto on March 28, 2011 at 1:15 am

I’m nearing the end of the beta testing for Pentax. Just waiting for feedback so I can finalise everything and send it to apple for approval. I hope it wont take that long, Its just Pentax had to make their remote a little trickier with when it comes to long exposure.

4. nader on March 29, 2011 at 10:39 am

Is the Sony Nex-5 going to be included in the release which is after a couple of weeks ?

• Alberto on March 29, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Hi Nader, The Sony Nex-5 support will be included with the next release.

5. Jon Baglo on April 5, 2011 at 8:45 am

Hi. I shoot with Nikon DSLRs, so I haven’t been able to really test this app yet. A respectable part of my work is astronomy-photography, where I take huge amounts of long exposures while the telescope points at the same object in the night sky. After a shoot I stack them together into one final picture. The exposures often reach 5-30min each and there are often 100s of them.

Because of this I heavily rely on “long-exposure- time-lapse”. To be able to leave the camera on “bulb” and have the iPhone control a time-lapse of long exposures (longer than 30sec) would be nice, or almost critically important.

This might be possible with version 2.0 already, but if not I suggest putting a “continues shooting”-button to the right of the “start”-button in the “long exposure”-menu. Or more preferably adding a setting for exposure-length in the “time lapse”- menu. Please do both. Thanks

• Alberto on April 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hi Jon,
      I’m going to add a “repeat” and “delay” function to the long exposure. This is so you can have the long exposure repeat as many times as you want after each shot is finished and also specify the delay length between each long exposure shot. Would this be sufficient in your astronomy photography.
      I’m not too sure by what you mean in adding in a “continues shooting”.

• Jon Baglo on April 7, 2011 at 8:17 am

Hi. Adding “repeat” and “delay” functions to in the long exposure-menu will do nicely. Thanks a lot. Can I expect this to be implemented in the upcoming version 3.0?

6. Brent N. on April 12, 2011 at 8:18 am

When should we expect to see V3? Been waiting forever to try this on my Nikon! Thanks!!

• Alberto on April 14, 2011 at 12:43 am

Hey Brent, hopefully next week. I’ve submitted it to apple so we just have to wait until it gets approved or not.

• Brent N. on April 15, 2011 at 11:34 am

Good to hear, I’ve used it on some canon’s and its great! Can’t wait!

7. Brian Stark on April 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I can’t wait for Nikon support to test out my DIY remote! Been checking the app store daily (if not hourly) for this release to be available, thanks for the great work!

8. Joe Chaib on April 19, 2011 at 3:19 am

Was wondering if you can add support for 3rd party or transmitters thatplug into the dock port. I use the l5 remote dongle from L5 and they have there API for free to download. They make a simple(terrible) app called freeze-frame that just is no good. I would hate to carry 2 or dongles with me. Thanks again great app!

9. tedn on April 21, 2011 at 7:48 am

I tried v3 on my nikon d90, not triggered, but it’s working on 5d2

• Alberto on April 25, 2011 at 2:53 am

Hi Tedn,
      Have you switched the camera signal to Nikon, you can do this in the iPhone settings/DSLR.Bot/Camera IR Signal.. then select the camera you are using.

10. Jeongmin on April 23, 2011 at 6:12 am

Is this app working with Sony alpha 55 DSLR?

• Alberto on April 25, 2011 at 3:00 am

Hi Jeongmin, I did a quick look online wether the Sony alpha 55 supports IR, and it seems like it does. I haven’t tested the app on this camera model so I can’t say for sure if it will work. The app has be report to work for the Sony Nex 5, so if all sony cameras that support IR use the same IR signal then it should work. I don’t really see why Sony would try and invent a new signal for different line of cameras.

11. alejandro on May 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm

any evidence in canon eos 50d?

12. Oriol on June 1, 2011 at 1:10 am

Anybody has tested this app on Sony alpha?

To make a long exposure time lapse on my sony alpha 330 I have to put in bulb mode and trigger one time to start the photo and tyrigger another time to stop the photo, and repeat the action many times, every x seconds.

The secuence is: trigger (start) -60sec- trigger(stop) – 10sec – trigger (start)…..

It doesen’t work triggering for 60sec. I have tor trigger two times to start and stop. Could this app work in this case?

• Alberto on June 1, 2011 at 6:02 am

Hi Oriol, unfortunately, I’ve been having some trouble getting it to work with the sony Alphas, I had assumed they used the same signal however it appears the signal i’m using is not compatible with the Alphas. I’ll be looking into this to support these cameras in the future.